Why should you get rid of the Elder Trees in your farm?
- They no longer provide prized crops. Only Heirloom Trees provide prized crops. Not regular trees nor Elder trees.
- They are a waste of space in your farm. If you don’t want to sell them, water them first, then put it in your inventory. They still grow regular fruit while still in inventory and can be called upon when needed. Personally, I just sell them since I was told that the FarmVille 2 game has a 48 page limit on your inventory on your trees or the game crashes constantly if it exceeds the threshold. It also depends on whether you needed to water an Apple tree, which you can put an Elder Apple Tree back to use.
- Prized crops produced by trees can give you County Fair points, more coins, and XPs. Some of these prized crops can give you lots of coins and 990XP per prized crops. Elder Trees don’t, so get rid of them for new trees and make them Heirloom Trees.
- You can trade them for Pruning Shears, which you need them for promoting a regular tree to a Heirloom Tree. For me, it is a much better return. If you want more coins and more XP, just trade the Elder Trees for Pruning Shears.
- Elder Trees cannot be re-pruned to make them Heirloom Trees. They’re practically over the hill.
That’s all I have to share about getting rid of Elder Trees. Hope this helps you with the game.