Before I talk about getting fertilizers, let me give you a hint on why you need them and why fertilized crops pay.
If you’re playing Farmville 2, you will run into Prized Crops. What are these kinds of crops do for you? Well, whenever you get a prized crop, it’s a mystery prized or consider it a bonus that adds to your numbers. Depending on what you grow, you may get up to 250 XP and 5000 Coins per prized crop (potato) or you may average between 190-200 XP per prized Spinach. That’s about 10-15 prized spinach, so I may get up to 3000 XP per harvest. I pulled 3000 XP at one time, but I usually average around the 1500-2000 XP per harvest. On the Habanero harvest, I average about 200 XP per harvest, but I haven’t even mastered that crop, so I’m going to wait.
How do you do it? You fertilize all your crops. That’s simply your ticket to getting prized crops. The more you do it, the higher your average reward becomes.
I don’t know about your case, but in my case, I plant crops on 90 plots. I could go 100 plots, the maximum I can get, but I maxed out on my wells, which I have six (6) of them, thus giving me room to water 60 crops. I also have the most 30 from the container before I water the crops I planted, so that gives me 90 units of water. That’s assuming that I don’t get any help, which I consider a bonus when they tend the crops. After watering the plots, you need to get fertilizers for all your plots. Since I have 90 plots to fertilizer, I need 90 units of fertilizer.
If you need fertilizers, here’s how you can get them fast…
- Raise chickens. Most chickens take about 5 minutes to mature and when fed, they may yield fertilizer. The ones that you buy with large amounts of Coins or FV2 Cash would yield the most amount of fertilizers consistently. So every five minutes, you have some fertilizers. The more chickens you have, the more fertilizers you can get.
- If your neighbor tends your crops, wait until you have harvested and watered your crops. You can have five of your crops fertilized. If you have lots of neighbors that visited, you get more opportunity to have your crops fertilized.
- If you had to choose between milk and fertilizer, raise goats. Most adult goats take 15 minutes before feeding, but you get both milk and fertilizer. I recommend either the Ibex or the Pygmy Goats if you can get them since they have been consistent in producing the milk, cheese, and fertilizer you needed, and the 22 FV2 Cash (18 for the Pygmy) as a baby is worth the investment. They take up to 75 feeds before they become prized, so you have several feedings at their disposal.
- If you have plenty of neighbors, you can use Farmhands. Those are the avatars sitting by the bottom left of your farm, where the hays are. Whenever you activate them, you place them on the crops that need fertilizing and they will fertilize those crops for you. You can get up to 4 crops fertilized and a fertilizer at your disposal to use at a later time.
- Worst comes the worst, if you can swing 15 FV2 Cash (not recommended if you can get it for free and you’re REALLY pressed with time), you can get 25 at a time. That’s like $3 per package.